Champion Coach is currently hiring both part-time (PT) and full-time (FT) motorcoach drivers. Applicants must have a Class B CDL with passenger endorsement. Previous motorcoach experience is preferred but not required for this position. Fill out an online application or call us for additional information.
This position requires you to transport passengers as well as manage luggage under the coach. Safety, quality customer service and professionalism are hallmarks for this position.
Minimum Qualifications to Apply for this Position:
- At least 25 years of age.
- A valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger Endorsement.
- Minimum of 5 years driving experience, including 3 year’s verifiable commercial driving experience, within the past 5 years, with 1 year motorcoach specific experience preferred.
- Able to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Good character and positive work history.
- Consent to and pass a background check, a drug screen, DOT physical, and a performance exam based on job responsibilities.
- Able to legally cross US borders.
- Good driving record.
- No more than 2 moving violation convictions/collisions, and no more than 1 preventable, DOT recordable loss in the last 12 months; no more than 4 moving convictions/collisions and no more than 2 preventable, DOT recordable losses in the past 3 years. In combination, not more than 2 moving violation convictions, and 2 preventable, DOT recordable losses. Speeding, tailgating, improper passing, failure to yield, illegal turns, running a red light/stop sign are examples of moving violations.
- No license suspensions related to moving violations or drugs in the past ten years (suspensions for physicals, insurance lapses, failure to pay fine and failure to appear are exempt under the ten-year rule).
- No driving convictions related to alcohol or illegal drugs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safe and responsible operation of motorcoach.
- Proper and timely completion of required paperwork (DOT and company).
- Courteous and thoughtful treatment of passengers and other individuals sharing the roadway.
- Professional conduct at all times while on duty or while in uniform.
- Have knowledge of and comply with all DOT and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Have and practice the required skills to safely operate a motorcoach and handle passenger’s baggage.
- Ability to maintain a safe driving record.
- Ability to operate a motorcoach in all types of weather conditions.
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written or verbal form.
- Ability to problem-solve, use good judgment, and deal with a variety of situations.
- Be able to read and speak in the English language sufficiently to prepare reports and records, read road signs, and converse with the general public.
- Required to sit for long periods of time.
- Often required to bend, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Required to stand, walk, climb, balance, see, talk and hear.
- Required to lift and push/pull heavy baggage.
- Safely and properly load and unload luggage.
- Fuel motorcoaches.
If you meet the above position requirements and do not have any disqualifying offenses please submit an application.